Opportunity to purchase a complete turnkey beverage manufacturing business and a branded ginger candy business
Complete turnkey beverage manufacturing business located in Los Angeles, California (“Beverage Opportunity”)
Gordon Brothers has been engaged by Reed's Inc. to manage the sale of its Los Angeles beverage manufacturing facility.
Branded ginger-candy business (“Candy Opportunity”)
Gordon Brothers has been engaged by Reed's Inc. to manage the sale of its
non-core products, including its Candy Division.
Additional information upon request.
Contact: [email protected] or 617-422-6278
Beverage Opportunity (Key Features and Equipment)
The beverage manufacturing operation is being offered as a fully functional production facility that currently supplies product for the company’s branded natural beverage business as well as the private label offerings of prominent supermarkets and specialty retailers. Suitable for micro-brewing operations, the facility, which includes both legacy brewing equipment and newly purchased state-of-the-art automated labeling and filling equipment, offers a unique turnkey business opportunity due to its location and unique brewing features.
- Over 30,000 square feet which includes a production portion that includes the stainless steel process tanks (jacketed), bottle rinser, fillers, capper, pasteurizer, washer, label applicators and final packaging equipment.
- Capability of bottling different sizes and shapes of bottles, along with different capping capability (swing caps & twist off). Additional packaging lines include custom keg filling lines.
- Plant electrical power upgraded to 480V, 3 Phase, 1600 Amps with 75KVA Transformer. Expanded electrical utility allows for expansion of manufacturing and leverages higher voltage for lower utility costs.
- Increased gas utility to handle 14,000 MBH.
- Increased water capacity to handle high demand consumption.
- Roof upgraded and structural repairs made which includes sky lighting.
- Located in an unincorporated area of Los Angeles with the following assets:
- 6 Criveller Stainless Steel Batch Tanks – 1,860 gallons
- 2 California Custom Fabrication Stainless Steel Batch Tanks – 2,000 gallons
- Santa Rosa Stainless Steel water storage tank – 10,000 gallons
- 4 Sierra Stainless Steel Batch Tanks – 2,000 gallons
- I&H Pasteurizer / Cooler - 7UP/RC Stroh
- Kaeser BSD 50 SIGMA Screw Air Compressor w Dryer and Receiver
- Full Case and Full Bottle Conveying (Arrowhead and Hytrol)
- Conveyors and Ryson Spiral Conveyor
- Pearson Packaging Equipment
- RBI Low NOx Hot Water Heaters
- Bryan Steam Boilers
- and much more
The Candy Division products include Reed’s brand Crystallized Ginger and Ginger Chews products.This transaction is a unique opportunity to purchase a ginger candy business with strong brand recognition in the natural and specialty food industry. The sale will include the exclusive rights to the Reed’s brand license for the Candy Division products and access to existing customer relationships as well as the Company’s supplier relationships.
- Transaction is a unique opportunity to purchase a ginger candy business with strong brand recognition.
- Will include the exclusive rights to the Reed’s brand license for the Candy Division products and access to existing customer relationships.
- Will include the Company’s supplier relationships.
- Crystallized ginger is sourced from a vendor in the South Pacific Islands.
- Ginger Chews sourced from a vendor in Indonesia.
- Has been an underinvested division of the Company but has the potential for significant growth within both its existing and potential customer base.
- Revenue and gross profit for FY 2017 is $1.5MM and $0.4MM, respectively.