Gordon Brothers Group, Appraisal & Valuation Division
We are currently looking to fill a role in the Appraisal and Valuation Division. As the Appraiser, this person will conduct M&E appraisals under the supervision of an ASA that are consistent with defined values and industry trends; provide support to the senior ASAs; and provide the marketing department with assistance as needed.
In this role, you will:
- Perform M&E appraisals accurately and efficiently within specified timelines.
- Assist senior ASAs in conducting market research and conduct thorough research when performing appraisals.
- Track current values and trends by attending or monitoring auction sales and establish rapport with machinery dealers, auctioneers, other appraisers and disposition agents.
- Ensure the production of the highest quality product, while exceeding client expectations with respect to professionalism and expediency.
- Contribute to the Industry Trends and Industry Insight reporting.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key banking, professional and company representatives.
- Maximize cross-selling opportunities across various Gordon Brothers Group companies.
- Pursue senior M&E designation in the American Society of Appraisers.
- Uphold Gordon Brothers Group Core Values and contribute to the achievement of strategic plan objectives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree with two to five years of experience in valuations and related expertise in manufacturing processes and/or understanding of fixed assets.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications in a PC Windows based environment.
- Experience with MS Excel and Word required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Gordon Brothers Group offers a very competitive total compensation package including base salary and incentive plan, health insurance, dental benefits, a generous 401k match, time off benefits, and more.
If you are interested in the position and meet the minimum requirements, please send a resume and a cover letter, including salary requirements, to HR@gordonbrothers.com and reference the requisition number 12011 in the subject line.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact the Human Resources department if you have a disability and need reasonable accommodation with any part the application process. Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Gordon Brothers Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.